Identrics. Customisable AI & NLP solutions that help you understand data.
Revolutionizing Online Moderation Against AI-Generated Trolling
WASPer by Identrics
Welcome to an open-source initiative at the forefront of transforming online moderation. Join us in the battle against AI-generated trolling to reduce misinformation and elevate the online experience.
WASPER is a visionary project committed to transforming online moderation against the rising tide of AI-generated trolling. In a landscape where trolls exploit advanced AI techniques to spread misinformation and propaganda, we aim to create an open-source tool that automates, improves, and scales content moderation across online platforms.
Our focus is two-fold:
- The development of a novel taxonomy that intricately captures the diverse types of trolling content;
- The application of state-of-the-art generative architectures with multilingual capabilities to detect and combat AI-generated trolling.
With experienced AI researchers and developers, we are determined to produce tools that empower media outlets and readers alike to swiftly identify and mitigate the impact of AI-assisted trolling—a primary challenge addressed by the NGI Search Programme.
- Online media outlets.
- Comment sections.
- Limits the negative impact of bots and trolls on readers’ experiences.
- Enhances the trustworthiness of online content.
- Identifying and mitigating misinformation campaigns.
- Improving the quality of online discussions by reducing trolling noise.
- Restoring trust in high-quality media and journalism by countering AI-based content manipulation.
Get to know the key members of our dedicated team – Iva Marinova, Chief Data Scientist; Yolina Petrova Ph.D., Senior Data Scientist; Dimitar Todorov, Manager Software Architecture Engineering, and Deyan Peychev, Chief Technology Officer.
© 2022-2025 NGI SEARCH
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or European Commission. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them. Funded within the framework of the NGI SEARCH Project under grant agreement No 101069364