Identrics builds machine learning and semantic technology solutions that transform unstructured data into knowledge and insights. By fusing text mining technologies with domain-specific human expertise, our models make sense of any type and volume of information on a multi-language basis.
We are looking for a software engineer for the development and maintenance of our Java framework for delivering knowledge extraction and representation services. The role also includes the development and maintenance of ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Load) routines for integrating heterogeneous data sources into a common semantic scheme and loading integrated data into a knowledge base.
- Develop and maintain components of microservices architecture for data flow management in business applications.
- Design, develop and maintain pipelines for data transformation and integration of various source formats such as relational databases, XML, JSON and CSV.
- Data modeling and design of knowledge representation systems.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues of our platforms at scale.
- Help identify, debug and fix problems with our existing codebase.
- Solve challenging engineering problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Informatics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math/Physics/Chemistry or equivalent.
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- Solid knowledge of Java and SQL.
- Sound foundation in object-oriented programing, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with relational databases – any of the standard RDB management systems such as: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQl server or Oracle database server.
- Experience with at least one more programming language (Python is a plus).
- General understanding of REST and microservices development.
- General understanding of 3rd party libraries integration.
- Experience with Maven and GIT.
- Linux is preferred operating system.
- Excellent communication in written English;
- Availability to work full time.
Bonus points for:
Experience or interest in the field of machine learning – either statistical or neural networks approach.
Any knowledge of Semantic Web and RDF will be considered an advantage.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- A career path that depends on your results and interests
- A non-corporate atmosphere with flexible processes and an agile mindset
- The possibility to work remotely
To apply for this job email your CV in English to email@example.com. Please refer to the position you would like to apply for.